Ramallah - Nisaa FM -
In December/2019 Nisaa FM started the implementation of a project called Shareeka: (A Step Towards Enhancing Gender Economic Equality in Palestine) in cooperation with the Canada feminist fund. The project duration is 8 months from (December/2019 – July/2020).
This project aims to effectively incorporate media about changes in awareness of the society as well as policies, legislation that work to advance gender economic equality and full empowerment to girls and women in the Palestinian society.
The project activities include:
- two focus groups that will bring together experts from the field of media, gender, human rights, the first was implemented January 5th/2020 with the participation of experts in the field of economic equality who discussed the forms of gender inequality in the economic field and the labor market and the violations that women are exposed to, discussion of the media coverage for these violations. As for the second focus group, it will be implemented in April/2020.
- A survey on gender discrimination at workplace in media outlets. A short quantitative survey is being conducted aimed at the general public and working individuals. The target group is 400 individuals spread across the West Bank.
- Two awareness sessions for media students at two different universities across the West Bank to discuss the results of the survey.
- 200 radio spots that will promote women economic empowerment in Palestine and gender based economic discrimination at workplace.
- 12 radio shows will be produced and broadcasted on different topics with different experts from the field to talk about the realty of Palestinian women and Gender Discrimination in the Labor Market and its impact on the state of women's rights, so far 2 radio shows were implemented.
Finally, in July, Nisaa FM will start preparing for a conference that will be held to announce our survey results and recommendations to the public. At least 40 attendees from different backgrounds media outlets, Women rights organizations, experts from the field and other local and international partners.